Audio Katha Purusottama Vrata Purusottama vrata about - Prabhuji 29 Sep 2020

Purusottama vrata about – Prabhuji 29 Sep 2020

Must Read

CAN YOU BE GENEROUS AND OPEN-HEARTED?

Sin is inevitably attached to the wealth you earn by work. If you use that wealth only to fill your own stomach, ill-effects will certainly befall you. If you offer what you have to God and his family members, it is called yajña. And if you only accept the remnants of that yajña for sustenance, then you are partaking in amṛta, nectar. Most of Mahāprabhu’s associates were gṛhasthas. They exemplified perfect householder life. Every year, the devotees from Bengal brought many gifts and edibles for Mahāprabhu, Jagannātha, and the devotees in Purī. This tradition continues today. These Bengali devotees that have come here for Ratha-yātrā are poor, but they still brought mangoes, jackfruits, and coconuts for the temple. Some devotees from Uttara Pradeśa put aside a handful of flour every time they make capatis for their family. They reserve that flour for Gurudeva’s temple and when there is a substantial amount they bring it to the temple as bhikṣā. I used to advise devotees that would come to Keśavajī Gauḍīya-maṭha to put aside one rupee of every hundred rupees they earned and reserve it for donating to the temple. This is mādhukarī. If I were to use that money for myself, my life would be destroyed. But because I used it in the service of Guru and Vaiṣṇavas I was safe. Śrīla Gurudeva told me that 60% of the donations I received were to be given to him, and the remaining 40% were for the temple maintenance and taking care of the brahmacārīs. “None should be for yourself,” he said. “I will worry about your maintenance.”

A Verse With Deep Secrets

It is necessary to understand the essence of this verse and thus become very beautiful, qualified devotees. Without properly understanding its moods, chanting Hare Kṛṣṇa will not be sufficient to receive the Lord’s full mercy. The quality of our chanting will be enhanced by our thoroughly grasping and embracing its meaning. With a clear understanding of this verse and its mood, we can focus internally while chanting...

Srila Narottama dasa Thakura

Once we will be qualified, we will understand. We will read Sri Jiva Gosvami, Sri Rupa Gosvami or Sri Sanatana Gosvami and recognize that everything is there in Srila Bhaktivedanta Svami Maharaja's books. He has written something for general persons, for beginners. But his real conclusion is this:

He Feared Glorification, But We Desire It

In this world, if guru has some opulence, if he is preaching throughout the world with vast wealth and a good position, then everyone will know of him. Lokanatha dasa Gosvami always desired to remain very far away from reputation, name, fame, and position. If he sprinkled mercy upon someone, he would always tell that person, "Don't glorify me. Let me remain calm and quiet. This is my final order..."

Artificial Rules and Regulations – Radlett, U.K. – 15 May 1996

This current originated from Krishna who passed it down to Brahma and this current culminates in the presence of our guru. If we want to control this current by many rules and regulations, then the current will be stopped. Bhakti is not bound by any artificial rules and regulations. Bhakti is bound by her own rule and regulation—love and affection. By control, everything will be spoiled...

More Articles Like This